The shipyard owns the biggest collection of heavy steel processing and welding machinery in Sri Lanka. Shipyard piers and all workshops have ancillary services such as oxygen; acetylene, compressed air etc. and powerful illumination system to ensure to carryout fabrication work day and night.
The workshops are capable of handling a full complement of tasks and the listing below are but a few of our services,
- The yard is fully geared and equipped for carrying out heavy fabrication work in steel and aluminium and has a capacity to process 7000+ tons of steel per year
- Production area is equipped with latest machinery and technology including lifting facility (overhead cranes & swing Arm cranes). An area of 9,400 m2 is allocated for ship repairs, while 10,680 m2 area is allocated for shipbuilding operations
- Shipyard boasts of weather protected production area 7,000 m2 with moving facility (traveling shed) to use shore cranes for production, mainly for shipbuilding
- Performance standard for protective coatings (PSPC) workshop of 580 m2 – Climate and dust control in house blasting and painting facility mainly for shipbuilding units
- Workshop area allocated for support services 2,660 m2, while dedicated cryogenic workshops are also available